Great Baby Shower Gift
With baby shower seasons just around the corner it is only appropriate to talk about one of the best baby shower gift a new mom could receive.
Yes, generally speaking the expecting couple registers at stores that are specific for babies or have a large baby selection (Buy Buy Baby, Babies R’Us, Target, etc.) or online retailers (Amazon, Diapers.com, etc.) and friends and families usually purchase their gifts off the couple’s registries. However, one of the best gifts I received at my baby shower was a basket full of everyday items that mom and baby need after the baby is born; usually items that mom and dad are not thinking about until the baby arrives.
To help prepare the new family for their arrival, consider putting a gift basket together of the following items with a note that says, “All the things you need, but don’t know yet.” The new mom and baby will greatly appreciate the gift.
- Butt Paste – Awesome diaper rash cream. Price is approximately $7.19 for a 4 oz. tube.
- Gripe Water – Completely natural product which is great for curing hiccups and relieving gas pains in newborns. C2 had hiccups starting at one week old. Price is approximately $7.00 per bottle.
- Baby hair brush and/or comb – Price is approximately $4.99 per set.
- Baby Nail clippers – Babies nails grow so quickly, we were cutting C2 nails once a week, so he would not scratch up his face. Price is approximately $2.29 per set.
- Baby Wipes – Always in need of these.
- Boogie Wipes – Developed by moms tired of chasing runny noses, Boogie Wipes® are the latest innovation in a moist wipe product. Price is approximately $3.79 per box.
- Aquaphor – Fragrance-free, preservative-free formula for baby skin care needs. I have been using this forever both on me and on C2. It is great for chapped lips and for active moms it is great in preventing chaffing. Price is approximately $6.99 for a 3 oz. tube.
- California Baby Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray – An all-natural, chemical-free insect repellent. California Baby Citronella Bug Blend Spray Non-sticky, non-toxic spray Blends lemon, eucalyptus and citronella essential oils You’ll love the smell – and bugs’ll hate it! Safe to use on skin of all ages Soothes existing bites and hydrates the skin. Price is approximately $10.00 per bottle.
- Lansinoh Breast Cream, 2-Ounce Bottle – A must have for all moms planning to breastfeed or at least try. Despite the assurances of lactation consultants that breastfeeding shouldn’t be painful if done correctly, it’s excruciating for most women at first – especially if your skin is prone to drying or bruising. Getting through the initial frustration is tough, but this product can make a HUGE difference. Price is approximately $10.00 per 2 oz. tube.
- Medela Disposable Breast pads – Necessarily for all moms who just give birth. Regardless if the woman is planning to breastfeed these are essential for women. Price is approximately $10.00 per box of 60 pads.
One thing to note is although it is a “gift basket” and that usually denotes cheaper than a buying a “normal” gift, the gift basket items above cost approximately $60, but if you add the purchase of the actual basket itself, the price of the overall gift could cost up to $100.
Happy shopping! I guarantee this baby shower gift will put a smile on the new mom’s face.